Lead Game Programmer
Salary up to £80,000
An abundance of company benefits
Tec Partners are working with a fully inclusive empowering company that has 3 studios, 150 members of staff and a back catalogue of successful projects and shipped titles.
As a result of continued success, they are looking to a recruit a Lead Programmer to join their inspiring and award-winning studio.
In your role as a lead programmer, you will be working with the Leamington based team, however the studio is fully supportive of remote working.
What your role with entail:
- Leading by example and passing on knowledge and expertise to existing code team.
- Creating technical design specifications for complex projects.
- Designs, develops, writes, tests and implements systems and game code.
- Working closely across other disciplines such as designers, artists and other personnel involved in the development process as required to create the highest possible quality product.
- Tests and refines gameplay features throughout the development cycle of the project.
- Estimates own tasks and delivers high quality code to that schedule.
- Evaluate and reviews existing code with the team.
- Excellent communications skills in order to communicate effectively with the studio's clients and the existing team.
- Highly skilled in C# or C++.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience of working in the games industry.
- Knowledge of industry-standard development practices
- Been involved and shipped at least two games.
- Continuous integration and build automation experience.
- Previously worked in an Agile development environment.
- Unity or Unreal preferred.
- A passion of creating unforgettable, utterly loveable gaming experiences for the studio's audience.
Preferred but not essential
- Experience with Free to Play
- Experience with mobile games
- Knowledge with low level optimisation, shader programming, physics
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to know more about, please apply today and the team will be sure to be in touch.