Field Service Engineer
£36,000 - £46,000
Our client a market leading manufacturer have a very exciting opportunity for a Field Service Engineer to work on state of the art technology around the globe. You will have the opportunity to travel and given a fantastic in-depth training plan from day one. This would be a great opportunity for a recent graduate or someone who would like a fresh start and new challenge as an engineer.
- Work offshore including maintenance, calibration, repairs, upgrades, refurbishment, installation, commissioning, test, training, audits on a range of machinery.
- Working alongside the Service teams based internationally to provide remote support to customers effectively and quickly.
- Operation of specialist Electrical/Electronic equipment on various vessels both nationally & internationally.
- Attend breakdowns and undertake fault finding.
- Maintain a high level of administrative standard; complete relevant paperwork, reports, timesheets, expense claims, in an efficient and timely manner.
- Participate in customer pre-delivery acceptance visits.
- From time to time, assist in customer sales visits, meetings/discussions and local exhibitions when necessary.
- Help to promote the sales of spares and service work to our customer base.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Train company personnel when required.
- Provide support in any other activities as and when requested by Line Manager especially covering in absence of other Service department personnel.
- Be prepared and willing to work away from home up to 6 weeks at a time
- Excellent customer service, being adaptable and flexible to suit customer’s requirements.
- Strong communication skill in both speaking and writing the English language, to include technical vocabulary.
- Will be competent and confident to communicate with colleagues and customers independently with minimal supervision.
- Be able to work under pressure, manage work pressure especially when in the field.
- No criminal charges which would prevent approval of security clearance
- 38 basic weekly hours except when working in the field where the hours can be longer/extended.
- In-depth training plan from day one working with exciting technology.
- Opportunity to travel internationally and have time off to travel.
- Great atmosphere and work life balance with colleagues
- Company-wide bonus scheme
Please apply and one of our consultants will be in touch to discuss your application.
For other Service Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Installation Engineer or Support Engineer vacancies around Lowestoft, Suffolk and East Anglia please contact Ben @ TEC Partners.