Location: Remote (+ 1-2 days per month onsite in Twycross)
Rate: £90,000 - £95,000 per annum PAYE
Duration: 18 months (8 months + extension)
Tec Partners are working with a big-name client in the games industry who are currently looking to recruit a talented UI/UX Designer with a focus more on UI and visual design, but an appreciation and understanding of UX too. As a UI/UX Designer, you will work collaboratively with a top-class UX team in evaluating and refining the user experience of their products, producing delightful, usable and accessible in-game UI. This is a hugely exciting time to join the studio, with exciting new projects in the pipeline and some of the most talented professionals in the industry!
The company are a major player in the games industry, with a long standing, enviable reputation and a large portfolio of successful, well-known and award-winning titles. Based in their custom-built HQ boasting state-of-the-art facilities and set in an idyllic countryside location, they are a business who strive to make themselves a great place to work. With an emphasis on having fun every day, in order to keep the creative juices flowing, and a strong belief in a healthy work/life balance, this is a great opportunity to join a company that not only works on a multitude of exciting projects, but looks after their team too.
- Work with extensive design and development teams to deliver creative, usable solutions to UX challenges and UI features
- Create and communicate your ideas from initial sketches and wireframes through to final polished live products, prototyping everything from information architecture and layout to interactions, and visualising everything from broad features to micro interactions
- Liaise with UI engineers, gameplay designers, producers and various stakeholders to validate feasibility of your proposed solutions
- Plan deliverables and see them through in a timely manner
- Partner with central and feature teams to provide UX/UI support across multiple workstreams
What they are looking for:
- Extensive experience as a UI/UX Designer within a cross-disciplinary team
- Strong portfolio required upon application
- Proven design and production skills with the ability to work independently in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience in designing and extending pattern libraries, design systems etc
- Experience in modern UI tools such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, Axure RP etc
- Excellent conceptualisation ability, able to work from sketches through to final stage
- Ability to create wireframes, click-through prototypes and visual design comps
- Strong understanding of visual language and visual communication methods
- Understanding of layout, usability and function across multiple devices
- Working knowledge of web-based UI is a bonus – as is working knowledge of engines such as Unity or Unreal
- Self-managing and organised with excellent artistic sensibilities
- Technical understanding of how to create optimised UI
- Knowledge and experience of the games industry isn’t necessary – but in the absence of this, a keen curiosity and transferable skills from other industries are beneficial
This is great opportunity to join a passionate, dynamic and highly talented team and fulfil a role which is creative and diverse. As a UI/UX Designer you will work on a whole host of interesting and engaging design challenges. With the team shipping their work regularly, you will see the real effects and fruits of your labour on a regular basis. If you are a UI/UX Designer, either from the games industry or from a web/app/software background, who is looking for a truly exciting and engaging next project, then this is most definitely one for you!
If you are interested in this position or would like to discuss further, please send your CV for immediate review.