TEC Partners are pleased to be working alongside a global supplier for intelligent propulsion systems for the automotive, aerospace, motorsport and marine sectors. My client is constantly seeking innovative ways to lead technology development whilst exceeding customer expectations. They pioneer video and data to enhance data analysis in the above sectors, and as such are expanding their team seeking a Software Validation Engineer.
Software Validation Engineer Role:
My client is looking for a Software Validation Engineer to work alongside their in-house software development team to deliver all aspects of software testing on their next generation products. This opportunity allows the chance to be involved in the development of their bespoke automotive products and their growth moving forward.
Software Validation Engineer Responsibilities:
- Plan, prepare and execute Software Verification and Validation testing
- Produce technical reports to document the test procedures and processes performed within company compliance and appropriate standards
- Perform regression, new feature and stress testing prior to release
- Identify and report and software issues to the development team
- Develop test methodologies and maintain development equipment to facilitate testing
- Work with the development teams to produce and investigate customer issues
Software Validation Engineer Essentials:
- Relevant degree in a related field; computer science or Engineering / significant job experience
- Experience with software validation testing proceses and understanding of automotive communications (CAN, Ethernet, Diagnostics)
- Experience with automotive diagnostic tools
- Proven numerical and analytical skills
- Strong communication and team working skills
Software Validation Engineer Desirables:
- General automotive industry knowledge and experience
- Experience with test automation and scripting or coding (Python, C#, C++, etc.)
- Detailed knowledge of CAN bus protocol (ISO-11898)
- Use of hand tools, soldering and wiring
- Full valid UK drivers’ license
- Knowledge of Automotive Functional Safety standard (ISO-26262)
If this exciting opportunity sounds of interest, please apply at your earliest convenience with an up-to-date CV.