TEC Partners are pleased to be working alongside a global supplier for intelligent propulsion systems for the automotive, aerospace, motorsport and marine sectors. My client is constantly seeking innovative ways to lead technology development whilst exceeding customer expectations. They pioneer video and data to enhance data analysis in the above sectors, and as such are expanding their team seeking a Design Validation Engineer.
Design Validation Engineer Role:
As design validation engineer you will work closely alongside the in-house electronic design and software development teams to create, execute and maintain varied product test solutions. You will work in a multi-disciplined team to uncover and debug issues reported by customers. The design validation engineer will also be involved with ensuring new and existing products are compliant with specified requirements and standards.
Design Validation Engineer Requirements:
- Writing technical reports to document the test processes and procedures performed in accordance with the appropriate standards to support product approval
- Develop test methodologies and equipment to facilitate testing
- Drive continuous improvement within the test process, supporting design review and assist in root cause analysis
- Work with development teams to reproduce hardware issues
- Design, commission and maintain laboratory equipment
- Attend test houses to complete testing that cannot be conducted in-house
- BSc/MSc or BEng/MEng level Degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent qualification.
- A good understanding of Electronics
- Experience with Environmental and Electrical testing processes
Design Validation Engineer Desirables:
- Experience of EMC and RF test plans and techniques
- Interest in home electronics projects, rapid prototyping, process automation etc
- Some software skills in development of desktop applications, embedded systems or similar
This opportunity will allow any successful candidate the chance to work for a true market leader within the automotive industry, and as such can offer competitive salary options. If this opportunity sounds of interest, please apply with an up-to-date CV.