Pleased to be recruiting for a Microfluidics/MEMS start-up company who are set to revolutionise gene synthesis as part of their fast-growing expansion in the field of synthetic biology. As their first dedicated Test Engineer, you will be an integral part of the close-knit multidisciplinary team of mechanical, electronic and software engineers, synthetic and surface chemists, physicists, and biologists, all working towards the first product release in 2022.
Test Technician Role:
Looking for an electromechanical technician to support the team by assembling and fixing rigs, electrical cabling and electronic assemblies. This role is ideal for someone who enjoys being hands-on and who takes pride in producing electromechanical hardware to a high quality. We are looking for someone to help us move from an R&D focused outfit into a production ready team.
The interdisciplinary nature of our work means this role will require direct collaboration with other engineering and scientific groups, so is ideal for those who value variety in their daily routine.
Test Technician Essentials:
- Building electro-mechanical test rigs, or similar
- Creation and execution of assembly protocols
- Electronics assembly, including interpretation and execution of wiring diagrams
- Skill in a range or prototyping and low volume fabrication techniques
Test Technician Desirables:
- Working within a quality management system, for example ISO 13485
- Working within life sciences
- Scale-up of a manufacturing and assembly process
This is an opportunity to join a fast paced, rapidly growing company that can offer competitive salary options, additional benefits, career prospects and development opportunities.