Job: Test Lead / Test Manager
Location: Norwich / Remote
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Please Note: The position is a hybrid remote working role with some office time when required in Norwich.
Our client, a well-respected Non-profit organisation with turnover upwards of £100 million are seeking a test lead / test manager to help define and develop the test strategy, and manage a small team of testers to deliver quality assurance on new software and systems within the business.
As Test manager you will still have elements of hands-on work within testing, but also be responsible for defining and developing the wider test strategy to ensure a robust quality assurance process.
You will manage a small team of testers who will be direct reports, but will work closely with the development and project teams as well as the wider business.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong testing background, good communication skills, and am ability to lead a small team.
- Ensure that the product developed meets quality standards before it is launched
- Develop strategies to improve the IT Change/Project processes
- Review the IT organisation's processes to ensure they align to agreed quality standards
- Create and contribute to the creation of test plans, test cases, test scenarios, and test data for new and existing software systems/products
- Formulate timely reports and documentation to track progress
- Identify IT staff training requirements, to help meet quality standards
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of business processes supported by software systems/products.
- Conduct and participate in test case reviews, requirement reviews, design reviews, and change control activities.
- Ensure that IT security and Data Protection legislation is adhered to.
- Lead in QA activity planning, technical forums, and business change initiatives to ensure both quality & technical alignment to agreed IT Architecture.
- Defines standards, methods, and procedures for test automation.
- Collaborates with other team members to understand the scope of test cases that will be used for automated scripts.
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance, mentoring and supporting the IT team in quality assurance areas.
The role would suit a test lead who is looking to take the next step up the leadership ladder, or a test manager looking for a new environment to shape and mould. The position offers a challenging yet friendly environment where you would be able to have both immediate and long-term impact.
For more information, please apply with a current CV.