TEC Partners are recruiting for an ambitious Molecular Diagnostics company who are currently embarking on a period of sustained and rapid growth. As part of this, they are looking to expand their Assay Development capabilities by bringing in a talented Scientist to support the development of their first Point-Of-Care (POC) Molecular Diagnostic product.
Assay Development Scientist role:
As an Assay Development Scientist, you'll be working to develop and evaluate the performance of their rapid RT-PCR assays as they continue development work and transfer to manufacture. You will work across both standard and novel technologies, collaborating with other science and engineering teams to bring world class molecular diagnostics to the point of care. The role requires an experienced scientist who can contribute to the optimisation of reagents and technologies and deliver performance evaluation data. As the company grows, this role will also support in validation studies required for regulatory approval of a first product.
A talented scientist with skills in molecular biology and microbiology is required to establish and conduct studies to demonstrate assay sensitivity and specificity and challenge the completed workflow with interference panels. The ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential to contribute to integrated development of a sample to result technology.
This role would suit a scientist with a passionate drive towards optimisation of reagent systems, developing strategies and improving upon complex procedures that support fast PCR, along with the development of in-process tests to characterize reagent performance over time. As an assay development scientist you must be passionate about delivering exceptional data and will take pride in your attention to detail, ability to communicate effectively with other team members and to work under formal quality systems.
Assay Development Scientist requirements:
- A PhD (or equivalent experience) in molecular biology, microbiology or a related discipline
- Significant hands-on experience in molecular biology techniques including RT and qRT-PCR, nucleic acid extraction and quantification
- Experience in bacterial and tissue culture
- Ability to work with standard instrumentation and novel platforms
- Experience in experimental design, execution and data analysis
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice
- Willingness to work on projects as part of a team with shifting priorities
- Possessing a 'can-do' attitude
- Strong communication skills and will be able to show evidence that you can present succinctly and clearly to others
- Ability to develop/improve current methods for assessing reagent performance
- Previous experience in reagent formulation
- Experience in the IVD industry
- Experience in NAAT development
- Experience working under ISO13485 or comparable standards
- Experience of lyophilisation and/or dry-down
- Previous experience working with microfluidics or integrated biological systems
- Experience of collaboration across other disciplines
What will I get in return?
In return, they are offering an excellent starting salary, with a generous host of benefits on top. You will also have the opportunity to be part of a truly exciting time for the business, with ample chance for career progression and development. If this sounds interesting, please apply right away for consideration.