Senior Gameplay Programmer
4 Day Working Week
Education and Learning
Our client, an ambitious and adaptable UK based gaming studio is looking for an experienced Gameplay Programmer to join their expanding team.
They require a Gameplay Programmer who has excellent knowledge of UE4 having previously worked on published titles. In this role you will be working on a AAA project with a large-scale team, which will involve collaborating closely with other programmers, design + art to bring the title alive.
As a Gameplay Programmer you will be working on a AAA project with a large-scale team, where you will be responsible for implementing fascinating gameplay features, helping to balance what makes them enjoyable, whilst maintaining a close eye on performance.
* Implement new game features and modes.
* Iterate on existing features and mechanics.
* Write extensible, stable, efficient code.
* Mentor junior members of the team.
* Be considerate with planning, documentation and communication.
* 4+ years game industry experience.
* Experience of working with Unreal Engine.
* Have a strong grasp of C++, software design, programming and debugging.
* An ambition to help create multiplayer games.
* Ability to communicate across multiple disciplines within the team.
* A logical and methodical mindset with an adaptability to think outside the box
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
* Clear communication and the ability to articulate systems and ideas effectively.
* Developed an understanding of a broad range of gameplay systems and architecture.
* Shipped a commercial multiplayer game.
* Experience writing optimised code in Unreal Engine 4.
If you have the experience and drive to be part of a forward-thinking studio, I'd love to hear from you.