TEC Partners have partnered with an exciting biotechnology start-up that is working on making lab-grown meat a reality. A spin out from the University of Cambridge, the company has ambitious goals to revolutionise meat industry by developing a sustainable, large-scale process of cultured meat production.
Using stem cell engineering technology, the company aims to tackle the sustainability, animal farming, and health challenges present in a current meat industry. Besides cell-based processes, their scope of technology includes hardware, software, and analytical tools.
They are currently looking for a Bioreactor Engineer to join as a senior member of the team. Being an early member of team, you will have the opportunity to shape the company's direction by designing, building, and operating new bioreactors.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Bioengineering, or similar field
- Hands-on experience designing and operating bioreactors
Desirable experience (at least 2 or more):
- PhD in a relevant field
- Fabrication techniques such as prototyping, 3D CAD, 3D printing, metal works (eg. soldering), etc
- Computational modeling of fluid dynamics, cell growth and other phenomena within bioreactors. Experience in process intensification is advantageous
- Cell culture, ideally adherent mammalian cells
- Programming of bioreactors and sensors
- Sourcing and procurement of materials and equipment for bioreactors
In addition, the company is offering a highly competitive salary with stock options, great potential for career progression within the company, and the opportunity to be at the front of the new and exciting market of cultured meat.
If that sounds like a great opportunity for you, please apply with your updated CV or reach out to TEC Partners.