Production Planning Manager
£30,000 - £50,000 depending on experience. They would consider Senior Planners and Production Planners with a strong amount of ERP experience and academic background.
We're working exclusively with a manufacturing business based on the out skirts of Diss looking for a Production Manager with a Supply Chain focus. An important role for the growth of the business you'll be the link between manufacturing and supply chain/logistics.
The business usually looks for a strong academic background, manufacturing experience from a heavily regulated industry being automotive, medical devices, aerospace, defence, oil & gas etc. Also with experience running supply chain/logistics teams or looking to make that step up to management. They're wanting someone with fresh ideas who can improve how the manufacturing & supply chain of the business is run.
· Ensure customer orders are completed on time and to budget and that quality standards and targets are met
· Contribute to the Sales and Operations Planning Process
· Perform detailed Material Requirements Planning to meet Master Production Schedule demands
· Supervise and motivate a team of CNC and assembly workers, monitoring production processes and adjusting schedules as needed
· Develop and oversee robust production and inventory control processes, managing cross-functional improvements and engaging with ERP systems to deliver efficient solutions
· Ensure batch and serial number traceability is maintained
· Monitor and update work centre routings, operations and cycle-times
· Implement quality control programmes
· Produce management information to aid the production planning process
· Review worker performance and identify training needs
· Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed at all times
· Operation of industry standard ERP/MRP systems in a discrete manufacturing environment
· Proven people and performance management
· Inventory control management experience
· Flexible and keen to work in a rapidly changing environment
· Excellent organisation and communication skills
· Self-starting, highly motivated & results oriented professional, hungry to make a difference
If the above is relevant and of interest please apply with an up to date CV to discuss in more detail.