TEC Partners are looking to recruit a Human Factors Engineer for the largest medical device specific consultancy in Europe! are looking to grow out their hugely successful HF team, who focus on both in-house development projects and external work.
They are looking to hire into a highly experienced and established HF group. They enjoy excellent relationships with long standing clients, which provides opportunities to work on a variety of projects, from supporting concept development of medical devices and systems through to validation. They are well known for their brilliance across a broad spectrum of medtech and possess an ever-growing capability in digital health. This opportunity is ideal for someone who wants to join a supportive and thriving team of colleagues. Ideally, you'll also enjoy interactions with users/patients and the design, implementation and travel for user studies.
Providing human factors input to a range of product development projects in the healthcare and life sciences industry. An emphasis on supporting the design and implementation of human factors research programmes, in line with sound research methodologies, best practice and regulatory requirements, during the development of new medical devices.
- Supporting the human factors analysis of medical products including:
- Identifying and analysing the intended users, uses, use environments and training provided to users of medical products
- Researching known use issues of medical products currently on the market
- Analysing user interfaces and task prioritization using techniques such as Task Analysis and Perception, Cognition, Action (PCA) analysis
- Identification and analysis of use related risks associated with using a medical product
- Supporting the planning, execution and reporting of human factors research studies including:
- Formative testing conducted to inform the product development process
- Summative (validation) testing conducted to demonstrate that intended users can use the medical product safely and effectively
- Travelling, mainly within the UK and USA, to act as an observer and/or moderator in these studies.
- Conducting data collection, analysis, and documentation in a thorough and detailed manor and where appropriate, generating documentation to support regulatory submissions.
- Supporting medical device development programmes
- Communicating with clients
- Managing work packages or smaller projects (with support as required)
Qualifications & skills
- Ability to conduct all desk-based research required for medical HF engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Structured and methodical analysis of data and problem solving
- Proven ability to:
- plan and implement formative and summative user studies (including study moderation)
- analyse, report and present findings with clarity
- Must have experience of regulatory-focused medical HF (in a consultancy or in-house company)
- Some experience of digital interfaces
Leadership / Consultancy Skills
- Excellent rounded communication skills - listening, verbal, written and presentation skills. Including communicating to a range of technical and non-technical audiences
- Able to plan and manage self and others to deliver results including time management and resource planning abilities
- Instinctively collaborative - actively sharing knowledge and information and supporting others
- Structured and methodical problem solving
- Versatility to work effectively on varied products across a range of clients, both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience in project planning and cost estimation
- Calm under pressure
- Positive attitude, seeing the opportunities or learning in each challenge faced
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, self-starter who wants to make a positive impact whether with clients or colleagues
- Inquisitive, intelligent thinker who can embrace differences in style
- People-focused whether colleagues, clients, or end users
- Consistent good judgement - "safe pair of hands"
- Focus on developing self and others, with good self-awareness and able to self-critique.
- Team player who is comfortable working as part of a close-knit project team
Additional role requirements and working patterns
- Extensive travel both within the UK and overseas, to undertake user studies on behalf of their clients. Studies typically last between 1 to 3 weeks
- This role requires in person collaboration with colleagues; however, they would be happy to discuss some hours being worked from home in line with their hybrid-working approach
In return, you'll be afforded the opportunity to join a flourishing consultancy, who are unique with their collaborative, friendly culture that is both supportive and empowering. You'll be paid a highly competitive salary, with an excellent range of benefits and unparalleled opportunities for career development.