Be part of the future of food - join the cultivated meat industry now!
TEC Partners are proud to have partnered with an exciting biotech start-up that is on a mission to replace conventional meat with cultivated meat. The founders of the company are passionate about helping to save the planet using cutting-edge biotechnology and are currently looking for a like-minded scientist to join the team.
As a Tissue Engineer, you will be a crucial part of the core team and will work on cross-disciplinary projects creating pioneering tools and techniques to optimize bioprocesses in one of the world's first cultured meat companies.
What you will be doing:
- Fabrication of scaffolds
- Cell culturing
- Scaffold characterization using various analytical techniques (SEM, mechanical testing, XPS)
- Media development and optimization
- Cell differentiation
- Analysis and presentation of experimental data
Your skills and experience:
- Degree in a relevant field: PhD or Master's with 3+ years of experience
- Hands-on experience in scaffold fabrication using electrospinning, soft lithography, freeze-drying, etc
- Experience characterizing scaffolds and/or hydrogels using SEM, XPS, and mechanical testing
- Significant experience in adherent mammalian cell culture
- Cell characterization experience, such as qPCR and immunostaining
- Stem cell experience
Desirable experience in:
- Cell line development
- Fluidic systems
- Suspension culture
- Primary cell isolation
In return, the company offers a salary of £35,000 - £70,000, depending on your skills and experience, as well as stock options. You will have a great opportunity to progress in your career within the company and be part of the innovative market of ethical and sustainable meat.
If your experience and skills align with the job requirements, please apply with your updated CV. If you would like to have a chat about the position and the company before making a formal application, please get in touch with Austeja from TEC Partners for more details.