Field Service Engineer - Electrically Biased
£40K+ basic, with bonuses and overtime allowances on top
Global leader in Marine systems
As a Field Service Engineer, you will play an important role for the company, providing technical expertise. You will be responsible for performing preventative and corrective maintenance tasks including replacement, upgrades, or additional works for all of their supplied systems.
In this role, you are also responsible for performing service activities including the installation, commissioning and testing of new products.
They offer excellent development, a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Field Service Engineer responsibilities:
- Demonstrate compliance and understanding/appreciation of all relevant Health and Safety legislation applicable to the role.
- Carry out Commissioning, Service and Repair of PMS, Propulsion and Power Systems to ensure that all products and systems are ready for operation.
- Knowledge share and support the on-the-job development of others where appropriate.
- Will identify and implement continuous improvement, the transfer of best practices and the adherence to processes and procedures.
- Provide emergency on-call coverage as part of the Service Engineers' call-out rota.
- To compile Technical Reports in a timely manner and to a high standard on the completion of each job detailing the work undertaken and the reasons why.
- Anticipate and plan for issues and resolves problems by identifying and addressing the root cause.
- To use diagnostic tools, methods and procedures to identify faults and determine the root cause of failure that can be communicated to the customer.
- Capable of making judgements on technical problems with moderate scope and complexity and where the maintenance solution is not always clear cut and will rely on practice and experience to evaluate options under circumstances not covered by procedures.
- Support other service and sales activities as directed. e.g. attending meetings with other department representatives.
- To be responsible for stock control of parts and equipment that are in their care.
- As and when required, perform duties in the workshop.
- Will understand how their team integrates and contributes to the business that they are in to achieve objectives.
- May be occasionally required to direct others on immediate basic tasks and provide technical support and guidance in-field.
Field Service Engineer requirements:
- Appropriate qualifications in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or similar relevant qualification or demonstrable industry experience.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety best practices.
- Sign up for and pass CONDO Training (Contractor on Deployed Operations).
- Successfully complete STCW-95 Training.
- Successfully attain full MoD Security Clearance.
- Proficient in MS Office and PC-based Engine Diagnostics / Programming.
- GCSE English and Maths or equivalent.
- Technically competent in marine Propulsion and Power products.
- Full and Clean Driving Licence, Current Passport Holder.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global market leader, working on exciting global marine projects. Please apply right away to be considered.